Blog Post #5: Statement of Interest

For our upcoming service learning project, I would like to be considered for the position of technical coordinator.  Should that not happen, my second preference is to be considered for the position of copywriter.

I am interested in the position of technical coordinator for a few reasons.  The first reason is simply that I thoroughly enjoy reading, writing, and revising different works, while also adding my own flavor.  Having an efficient reading level and effective writing/revising skills are two vital tools that will give you the edge in the work place and I feel that I posses both attributes.    I am currently an English major, entering my final year with a focus on rhetoric and composition.  I have worked with many different forms of writing, presentation formats, and taken different roles while working in group projects during my time here at Georgia State.  With all this experience, I feel that I can decide with confidence different means for presenting and creating artifacts depending on what the artifact is.  My experience with the role of copywriter (I was the copyeditor for my group while taking an editing class here at GSU) will also help me with the editing and polishing of digital media artifacts.  I like to remain organized and feel that tools like Google Docs and Drop box assist in this process.  I have used both in several different classes so I feel comfortable with the programs.

I am available by phone at all times, as long as I am not working or at least busy.  I currently work as a valet so my hours tend to run late into the evening but I check my phone pretty frequently.  Same goes for email, as I am on my computer for hours each day.  I work well with others, enjoy problem solving (especially when it comes to document design, clarity, simplicity), and I am patient.  My father also works as a technical coordinator so his insight and advice will help me along the way.  I hope you choose me to perform one of the tasks I have discussed.

-Brian Forero