Eva “Evita” Peron Museum

I got to visit the Museum of Eva ‘Evita’ Peron. Before visiting I had no idea who she was and how important she was to the Argentinian community. I feel like we had a lot in common, especially being raised by a single mother who had to do what she could to provide for me and my siblings. I was inspired to know that no matter the struggle, she left her home to follow her dreams. She excelled as an actress and made a great name for herself before ever being First Lady. 

There were many ways that Mrs.Peron could have used her life, but she used it to make sure women and children received the proper care and necessities they deserved. Women who were looking for jobs were introduced to sewing which she had seen her mom do for money as a child. There were several machines handed out by Mrs. Peron personally to show her true care for those she helped. She also made sure many children knew what it meant to be spoiled and treated as if they were equal to other children who came from richer backgrounds. It was also amazing to know that women from here are able to vote now because of her fight for them and herself! She was even seen voting from her sickbed after years of fighting for womens rights to vote, I know that was a legendary photo!

I feel we define human rights in everyday life and we protect them by doing what Mrs. Peron did in her life. She knew what it was like to come from nothing and made sure people who were just like her felt that they mattered. She made sure to promote freedom of opinion and expression and didn’t let anyone treat people like they didn’t matter. Her life is an example of how we should protect the human rights of others and use our voices to make a difference.