How is the course set up?
This is a fully online course that uses iCollege with additional online components called WebAssign.
(1) The iCollege component is a learning management system used for virtual office hours, email, calendar, and discussion boards. Some quizzes will be taken in iCollege.
(2) The WebAssign component is a software package provided by the publisher of the textbook. WebAssign includes an electronic version of the textbook, video explanations, interactive homework tutorials, and online live help from experienced instructors. All graded homework will be completed in WebAssign.
What materials are required?
(1) Textbook. Click here for ISBN’s.
- Option A – Print textbook plus WebAssign Access Code.
- Option B – WebAssign Access Code. Because an electronic version of the textbook is available in WebAssign you do NOT have to purchase a textbook unless you choose to do so.
(2) TI-83 or TI-84 Graphing calculator. A TI-83/TI-84 graphing calculator is required for this course. A TI-89, TI-92 or TI-nspire without “CAS” model calculators are not permitted for this course.
What resources are available?
- Notes for each section of the course
- Concept Maps that explain hard to grasp topics
- Videos (click on the links below for sample videos)
- Guides for quizzes
- Live sessions
- Quiz solutions
- Reviews for midterm and final exams
What kind of assignments are required?
- writing assignments
- content related discussion posts
- midterm & final exams (These exams must be taken at Perimeter College. If you are not from the Atlanta area, you will be required to take your exams at a testing center of an accredited college near you approved by the instructor).