Going Home

When leaving Buenos Aires and returning to Atlanta I felt very tired, not from lack of sleep but from information overload.  I learned a lot.  And, a lot of this was very depressing.  It will be good to get a good night’s sleep in my own bed.  Maybe tomorrow I will be better able to process the whole trip. 

The Argentines believe that since these bad things happened, they cannot just look the other way.  They need to acknowledge the wrong doing and keep it fresh in the memory so that it never happens again.  We also need to recognize that these bad things that happen elsewhere can happen here if we don’t acknowledge it and keep them fresh in our memory.  

One thought on “Going Home

1. Mary Sue,
    I believe it is everyone’s right in this country to have their own INFORMED opinions. That being said “bad things” have and continue to happen to people of color and the LGBTQ+ community. I would highly recommend letting this trip inspire you to research your own country’s history, and to question whether you are getting factual information or buying into someone’s agenda.
    With Love,
    Michael Harrison