In today’s society, it has become increasingly important for people to promote themselves and their craft, and to also have an established (or nearly established) brand. Whether you are skilled in entrepreneurship, graphic design, or anything in between, it is beneficial to have something that you can promote in order to efficiently network and reap its benefits.

It is also important to have a strong personal brand because it allows you to have a specific goal to work towards. Having a brand allows you to plan, organize, and act upon the different aspects that go into that goal, while also promoting yourself to others so that you and your brand are well known across many different platforms.

Personally, the process of building a brand has helped me establish a stronger sense of confidence about my future and what I want to work towards. At first, I had many career interests but I was not exactly sure of what I wanted my career path to be, but after thoroughly thinking about my true passions, interests, and skills, I found that I am currently drawn towards building my personal brand as a writer and/or editor. Growing up, my favorite subject has always been Language Arts; I enjoyed the attentiveness that was required in order to effectively edit a piece of writing, which is something that many of my peers loathed. Also, I grew increasingly fond of writing and grammar, which has also helped me improve how well I pay attention to details. In addition to my brand reflecting my interest in writing and editing, I am also working towards building my brand so that it reflects my interest in digital media as well.

Currently, one of the main actions that I have taken to build my personal brand is becoming a Digital Marketing Coordinator for StudySoup. Throughout my life, I have almost always kept a tangible journal or physical representation of my writing, but since I want my brand to be focused more towards the digital realm, I knew that it would be best for me to also gain experience with creating content online, which is something that StudySoup has granted me the opportunity to do.

Still not sure of where to start? Check out this article that contains more helpful information regarding creating your own personal brand!

StudySoup Weekly Roundup 07/31/17
This week (07/31/17 – 08/07/17), 1 notetakers at Georgia State University uploaded course material to StudySoup. There were 1 new documents uploaded this week, bringing the total number of Georgia State University study materials on StudySoup up to 3168.
So far, the top 10 most viewed materials that were uploaded this week are:

The top 5 most popular materials from last week are:

And currently, the most popular Georgia State University courses on StudySoup are:

We are making a big push to add more content across the Arts and Humanities, departments. Please refer anyone in the following list of classes to apply to the elite notetaker program.