What We Are Doing Next Week

B”H

If you haven’t done so yet, please read the article from the New York Times (below) and comment on the correct discussion board for your class.

Next Tuesday, I will be in my office for conferences from 9:25 until 2:55 p.m.  My office is located in the Lower Level of Kresge hall. If I am not there, I am across the hall in the computer lab helping your fellow students, so please join me!!

If you need to catch up, you need to find out how to do something, or you just need some extra assistance, this is the perfect time to ask for help.

On Thursday, because it is the beginning of the Jewish Holiday of Sukkot, I will not be in.  However, the wonderful technical staff at the WISE Lab will be teaching you how to play Civilization V just in time for your History paper.  If you don’t have History, you still need to complete the assignment for me–sending me the stats page of your game so that I know you played a game successfully.

The technical staff also will be taking roll for me, so please make sure you are there!!

One thought on “What We Are Doing Next Week

1. I agree that plagiarism is wrong, but at the same time I feel like many students don’t try to do it on purpose. There’s a lot of known knowledge and when we incorporate our own common sense into our papers we get accused of plagiarism? I don’t think that’s fair. Another example, at times there will be situations where there is just random information floating around in cyber space, there’s no author, it’s not all fancy and “legit,” so then how are we supposed to cite that? Many students do not. I feel that if we would’ve been taught from the beginning the ins and outs of plagiarism, we wouldn’t face the issues we face nowadays with students “plagiarizing.”