Underground Atlanta (Personal Response)

img_6442Well, for starters Underground has changed a lot since the first time I went there five years ago. From a busy mall packed with life to a strangely quiet place with store merchants unsure where the business has gone too. Yes, unfortunately, this is the new Underground. Maybe I’m a little biased because of what I’ve seen how it was in the past…but, I mean can you blame me? Underground Atlanta, was the hangout/tourist spot for years but now many stores are closed and shops relocated. As usual, all isn’t lost with many of the warehouse clerks being very upbeat even with the slower past of the mall.

The one thing I can always say about Underground is that the people there are always friendly. After passing many merchants, I was always stopped and treated as if they’d known me for years. That simple act of hospitality even invoked me to purchase some items. The term “Southern Hospitality” is an understatement, and you’ll always feel welcomed within the mall itself.

That “Southern Hospitality” is why I’ve deeply saddened that the mall is in the current shape it’s in now. So, many good people and business owners are on the verge of losing their livelihood. It’s defiantly a night-and-day from what it was five years ago, but I still enjoy going there from time-to-time in invoking the time I first moved to Atlanta.img_6444