This past Friday the Exchange hosted its first ever Instructor Makerspace on Instructional Videos and Podcasts. A small but mighty group of instructors explored the latest options for creating and delivering instructional videos. We compared how three different tools could be used to create screencasts for a java coding class, devised a more effective workflow for creating instructional videos for a drug and alcohol class, and experimented with green screening and video effects.
Come on down to the Exchange on Fridays this semester where we will play with and explore the following topics together. We’ll play, innovate, have fun, and see what we can create together!
- Creating Games – 1/24/14
- Creating Digital Textbooks – 1/31/14
- Creating Mobile Games with ARIS – 2/7/14
- Data Visualization with Tableau – 2/21/14
- Mapping with Google Maps and Google Earth – 2/28/14
- Infographics – 3/7/14
- Re(presenting) Ideas – 4/4/14
- R.I.P.P.L.E – Rework. Innovate. Play. Produce. Learn. Engage. – 2/14/14, 3/14/14, 3/28/14, 4/11/14