Meet the Team – Sarah Sechelski

For the past four and a half years, Sarah Sechelski has served as the Project Coordinator at Best Practices.  In that role, she creates and manages the development timelines of all the projects going on at BP.  Every BP training anyone attends or podcast they view has Sarah’s fingerprint on it.  Before ever making it to a public audience, projects are broken into small pieces for development, assigned to someone on the team for completion, reviewed, edited, and polished.  Sarah makes sure that it all happens on time, and that no part is missed.

mommy&lilyBravesIn addition to the project management aspect, Sarah designs the layouts for all of the handouts, and she sometimes facilitates WSO training sessions.  Sarah says that with her variety of responsibilities no two days are ever the same.  There is no way for her to get stuck in a rut, which keeps her on her toes.

Sarah graduated from the former Shorter College with a BFA in Musical Theatre. Before coming to Best Practices she worked in the Marketing and PR Department at The University of Southern Mississippi. Additionally, she worked for the K-5 children’s ministry at NorthPoint Community Church and as a dance instructor for 2-7 year-olds.

What is your favorite children’s book?  What makes it most appealing to you?
I struggled with reading when I was little and didn’t really enjoy it, so I LOVE it that my daughter really enjoys books, and I hope her interest continues to grow. Something I’ve been reintroduced to for her is classic Winnie the Pooh.  I think the subtle humor in A. A. Milne’s writing is so clever.

What actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
Jennifer Garner. I loved her in Alias, and think she’s a brilliant actress. She can do comedy and drama equally well, and she seems like someone who doesn’t take herself too seriously.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy houses in Atlanta (to be near work), in Boston (for visiting my sister frequently), in the mountains (for weekend get-a-ways) and the beach (for summer vacations).

How do you spend your free time?  Any hobbies?  What are they?
I studied musical theatre in the past, and although I don’t perform much anymore, I have been doing a lot of choreography. I’ve choreographed shows for high schools in Gwinnett, Forsyth and Cobb counties. My husband is a high school theatre teacher, so he’s stuck with me as his go-to choreographer. I’ve also worked for several colleges and some professional theaters in the area including Actor’s Express in Atlanta and the Aurora Theatre in Lawrenceville. Also, I’m a huge Braves fan so we try to go to games as often as we can.

What is something that most people don’t know about you or would never guess?
My husband and I have the exact same birthday. Pretty cool!  (Ed. Note: Most people also don’t know about Sarah’s family connection at BP.  Suzanne Turner is her mother!)

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano. I can read treble clef and plunk out a melody line with my right hand, but I don’t read bass clef all that well, and I certainly can’t get both hands to do two different things at the same time.

About

I train Georgia PreK teachers and dabble a bit in the art of blogging. Have an idea for a blog post? Email me at bestpractices@gsu.edu. On the web: www.bestpractices.gsu.edu Facebook: www.facebook.com/bestpracticespk Twitter: @bestpracticespk