Whew.

I feel like I have finally created a basic, almost impressive website as my online professional profile. After a few videos on YouTube, I finally understood how to make my menu bar appear. One of the reasons I was so frustrated before was that I was using the wrong templates. Another big reason was that I was not enabling the menu to be visible. That made me feel very smart…

This was a big accomplishment to me since I’m not the best with computers. But now I know I can make a very minimal WordPress site. During the process I began looking for portfolio sites for other professional Tech Writers and found a great a example of what I aspire to create in the future.

Creating this site and looking for inspiration has informed me that I still have a large mountain to climb in regards to learning new software. I’m not sure how some of these people created their sites, but I look forward to figuring it out. I believe that once I have a job under my belt, hopefully at a big internationally recognized company, I will have more work to display and more knowledge to create a badass website to display that work. I just have to remember that most of the people with the great websites I have encountered have been working in the industry for a few years and that I’m still just starting out.

But it’s done!