September 27 Speaker

Speaker: James Ashley
Date: September 27, 2019 1-2pm
Topic: Deepfakes and Ethics
Company: The Imaginative Universal

The presentation is FREE and OPEN to ALL – but please RSVP

ABOUT JAMES

“Hi. I’m James Ashley. I work out of Atlanta, Georgia.

I am a VR/MR/XR architect specializing in Magic Leap, HoloLens, Oculus, and Kinect. I come out of the agency world and previously worked at Razorfish Emerging Experiences, where I developed custom installations for companies like AT&T, Delta, Dr. Scholl’s, Audi and Microsoft.

In 2012 I wrote the book Beginning Kinect Programming with Jarrett Webb for Apress. It was the first book published about Kinect development and sits on the bookshelves of most creators working in emerging technologies today.

In 2017 Dennis Vroegop and I did the App Development for HoloLens course on LinkedIn Learning.

I’ve been working on HoloLens development since May of 2016 and Magic Leap development since February of 2018. There’s some sort of record in that.”

Linkedin Info:

“James Ashley is 3D dev lead at VIMAEC where he designs and develops Magic Leap, HoloLens, ARKit, Vive, Oculus, and gestural experiences. He worked many years as an enterprise architect for software consulting companies and, unrelated, happens to have spent half a decade before that studying academic philosophy. He also spent several years at the legendary Razorfish Emerging Experiences Lab in Atlanta, GA building interactive installations.

James co-authored the LinkedIn Learning video course HoloLens App Development to provide inspiration and a kickstart for mixed reality (spatial computing) developers. He also wrote the Apress title Beginning Kinect Programming with the Microsoft Kinect SDK. This book gave thousands of developers their first taste of gestural programming and inspired a new generation of creative technologists working in the Microsoft stack.

Since 2010 he has been immersed in computer vision and machine learning. He is currently deeply involved in using the power of Artificial Intelligence to build better user interfaces in Mixed Reality.

James has never been referred to as the David Foster Wallace of bleeding-edge technology.

In a previous life, he pursued a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Emory University.”