Mid-term Reflection

In this class, we write in a less formal style than previous classes I’ve been in. We are told to incorporate pictures and different multimedia to connect our writing with the topic asked to write about. In our reading summaries, I try to analyze each paragraph and go into depth about what they are talking about. When talking about the built environment I go into how the built environment affects people that live around the area. I talk about how the people in control have power over the masses by shaping their environment. Now that I have a rubric for the reading summaries through our grades I can improve my writing for the better and really analyze any blog or piece of writing. I do need to improve on using my sources correctly. Some of my strengths are using images to connect to my writing. I should expand on the captions I put for them and insert them into my paragraphs instead of at the end. It will be easier to connect. This class is teaching me a lot about how to incorporate writing structure into our digital world. Many of these skills I will be able to use at a professional job and beyond, making my resume look really good. In the future I’m going to attempt to do some of the extra activities offered to us. The extra readings and practice will help me in the rest of my assignments throughout the semester.