No longer another “first blog” experience

In the beginning of this semester, I described this blog as just another “first blog” experience. At that point, I had no idea how to design my theme, format a post, or make sure that my picture placement made sense. Now that the semester is over, I am able to say that this experience has given me writing, research, and computer experience that has already helped me towards reaching my goals.

For a few years, I have always said that I will start my own website, but the daunting fact that I had no idea how to go about doing this halted my plans. After navigating WordPress and learning how to properly research and write about different subjects, I have been able to take steps in that direction.

The research that we have done in this class has also inspired me to include a section on my new blog about “culture”, or things that people actually need to hear about. Gentrification and architectural exclusion are real issues in our own city, but until I took this class, I was not aware of just how problematic they are. I have been able to see Atlanta in a new light and can now spread awareness myself, even if it is just through conversation with my friends.

Now that the semester is over, I can take all this new knowledge and experience and apply it to finally starting my own website. (And start my “just  another second blog” experience.)

Laurel Wong