February 25

Annotated Bibliography #4

Inwood, Joshua F.J. “CONSTRUCTING AFRICAN AMERICAN URBAN SPACE IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA.” Wiley Blackwell. 101.2(2011):147-163. Environment Complete. Web. 24 Feb, 2016.

The paper is talks about an urban redevelopment scheme by Big Bethel ame Church. Their plan was the turn the adjacent city block into a more diverse grouping of races. The adjacent city block, Auburn Avenue, is a very historically significant African American business area in the United States. I choose this source to gain a better idea of how areas are raced, and to be able to see things through a different persons eyes who had a different background. The only sort of flaw I found was the paper was wrote in a semi-biased. The paper is wrote from the point of view of one of the people from Big Bethel ame Church, though this does not take away from my research due to it being a gathering of other’s views. This source over all help with my research of safety and the idea of bringing people together for the betterment of a community.

Posted February 25, 2016 by Hunter in category Uncategorized