February 13

Olmsted Linear Park – AKA Long Park

20160212_141418

The Olmsted Linear park  is just as the name hints at, a very long linear park made of a few sectors. It is North of Atlanta in a very nice and clean neighborhood. Near the park is a church and a neighborhood.

20160212_141259

From everything that I see and have heard about the park the park is over 100 years old.

20160212_141635

The park is made mostly of organic items such trees and grass and the only inorganic or human items there were park benches and sidewalks. The side walks made the whole site very easy to navigate, and the site as a whole was very open and inviting. The most of the trees and grass were affected by the winter and had turned brown or lost their leaves. During the winter the site felt very sad and somber but as warm and inviting. The park presents itself as a very long park, which is great for paying or going for a walk. During my time at the park I saw many people who lived around there playing with their kids at the park. Seeing this park bringing families together to play games made me happy but also sad because I regretted not bring of own family there while I visited.

After going there and spending an hour there I can say that I’d love to go there again during the summer when all the trees are full of leaves and the grass is green. I look forward to see how the park can change in different seasons, and to see if the park feels warmer and even more inviting for family then.

Posted February 13, 2016 by Hunter in category Uncategorized