- What are the major projects? In a bulleted list, provide links to the project descriptions for each of them.
- How will your final grade be calculated?
Final grades will be calculated by totaling points earned and lost by a student. The student with the most points will determine the grading scale for the remaining section.
- What is the “submission form” and how do you use it?
The submission form is where all work will be documented and submitted to the teacher for points. To use the submission form, the student must fill out the various fields (name, email address, etc.) and provide a link to the work they are submitting.
- Embed the form below your answer (hint: Google “embed Google form” to find out how).
- Embed the course calendar and weekly overview below this question.
- Where on the course website can you find an overview of what’s due and the readings for each unit?
An overview of what is due and the readings for each unit can be found under the calendar section on the course website.
- What is the best way to see an overview of what’s due each week?
The best way to see an overview of what is due each work is to access the course calendar via the course website or the student blog.
- What is the attendance policy?
For the Wednesday hybrid section, students will earn 40 points for coming to class. If students are late to class, they will lose 20 – 40 points. If a student is absent from class, they will lose 40 points.
- What are my office hours, and how do you make an appointment to see me outside of class?
Office Hours are on Monday and Wednesday from 9AM – 11 AM. If the allotted times do not work for the student, an appointment should be made with the teacher by email.
- How do you earn participation credit? Provide a link to the instructions/guidelines for participation.
- How many points can you earn by participating in or organizing a study group session?
A student can earn up to 25 points for participating in or organizing a study group.
- How can you be assured of earning an “A” in this course?
A student can ensure an “A” in the course by completing all of the major projects and earning at least 2,500 points.
- What are the minimum requirements for earning a passing grade of “C”?
To earn a passing grade of a “C” a student must complete all of the major projects and earn a minimum (at least) 1,475 points.
- What do you do if you’re not sure how to document your participation in order to earn points?
When in doubt, a student should email the teacher or make a visit during office hours (or by appointment). If the student is simply unsure of the category the submission belongs to, they may choose “other participation credit”.