Midterm Reflection

When I was in high school, I was in a program called IB where I took intensive writing course all throughout my four years there. So when I applied to this class, I thought it was going to be an easy break away from English. However, when the point system was explained it seemed that it was going to be a little harder than I thought. From this past month, I learned different writing concepts, my strengths and weaknesses, and a thought of how I will apply these English concepts in the future.

This class is not really the same from when I took English back in high school.  It’s weird because it is more so ‘you’re on your own’ concept. However, this is what I expected from this class and it was kind of what I wanted.  English is not really my favorite subject in the word so with this being my only English class I had to take I was fine with the style. The writings that we do in class are things I have not really done before. I am used to just reading a book and then writing a paper on it. I never really did annotated bibliography and built environment descriptions. Its not like its a lot of work but I am used to having to write 1500 words papers and the stress that came with that. However, I am not complaining because I do not mind doing things like the built environment description because I am interested in photography/vlogs.

When I got back my feedback from the reading responses, it was what I expected. I have always had issues with my grammar when it comes to writing. I feel like I am better from when I graduated high school but sometimes I still have silly mistakes. However, in order to make up from points that I lose on required projects, I do participate in extra point activities. I’ve done a few Guide to First Year quizzes along with some extra things posted on my blog. I still wish that I could have more time to do some more though. I really do want to get to the A in the class. At the moment, I feel like I could put a little bit more effort when it comes to doing extra credit but I will do better.

Now that the class is in full force, I believe that I am doing fine so far when it comes to the required activities. I do believe that I just need to work on my time management so I can get extra points for turning it in earlier. I also will work on doing more with other extra credit besides just the quizzes. So far, the class is fine and I am starting to become comfortable. I should be able to finish the class out strong.