Evaluating my Evaluation Discussion

As I associate most with Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation I will reflect on last’s weeks discussion.

LEVEL 1 – REACTION

I believed the class enjoyed the discussion, particularly my example case study where I tried to give an example of each evaluation model discuss in the book using how we evaluate instructors and courses here at GSU.  I base this off the positive comments given at the end of the presentation and participation throughout.

LEVEL 2 – LEARNING

While I did not implement an assessment at the end of the discussion, I did ask the class to jot down the key points they took away from the reading and the discussion.  Although, very few people participated in the exercise – an indication that I may have lost some of them – the ones who did answer the question touched on the main points we discussed as a group (norm vs. criterion-reference testing, formative vs. summative evaluation, the 5 presented evaluation models).

LEVEL 3 – BEHAVIOR & LEVEL 4 – RESULTS

Cannot and will not be measured – as with most studies I will not cover these most crucial aspects due to cost and time constraints.

All that said, I did enjoy the discussion and look forward to two discussions tonight from my classmates!