First Day Scavenger Hunt

In a valiant effort to stave off jet-lag, I decided to not only participate in my assigned scavenger hunt, but to also participate in Chase’s! Combined, we visited the Mur pour la Paix (or the Wall of Peace), the Aligre Market, and the Paris Museum of Modern Art. We tried to visit also the Orangerie Museum, but we were unable to get past the blocked off streets due to the protests. 

We noticed the Eiffel Tower before we noticed the Wall of Peace, but they we incredible to look at together. I tried to capture the different perspectives available below.

Next, we tried to visit the Orangerie Museum, but every street we tried to go down was blocked by police due to the protests. 

We came back to the hostel to check in and freshen up, then Chase and I left to find the Aligre Market and the Paris Museum of Modern Art. The market was lovely and put us in a great neighborhood for dinner.

Finally, after dinner, we ventured to the Paris Museum of Modern Art, where we also got to see a view of the Eiffel Tower lit up (bringing the day full circle!) It was an exhausting but exciting first day!