An Introduction to Me

Hey y’all! My name is Nyssa Bowen and I am a sophomore here at GSU! I’m 19 years old and will be 20 in September. I was born and raised in Cartersville, Georgia. I was a part of my High School Color Guard and initially chose GSU because of their guard program. After arriving here however I realized that guard was no longer my passion. I graduated from Cass High School back in the spring of 2017 and dual enrolled at Georgia Highlands College during my junior and senior of high school. I entered GSU with the goal of obtaining a mathematics degree however after one week in my Calculus 2 course I realized that I had made a horrible mistake. I am now pursuing a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in Human Learning and Development. I eventually hope to be an elementary school counselor. I enjoy the outdoors and love animals. I have a pet turtle named Dayton, a cat named Yoki and a dog named Tater. Faith is a large part of my life and I attend Passion City Church here in Atlanta. I’m super excited about what I can gain through this course and can’t wait to see what’s next!2016-06-15_17-21-51_000