The FDA is in charge of food safety. Food safety is the process of preparing and handling food. It is done to prevent illnesses. There are certain certifications that must be passed. The 5 rules according to WHO are:
- Prevent contaminating food with pathogens spreading from people, pets, and pests.
- Separate raw and cooked foods to prevent contaminating the cooked foods.
- Cook foods for the appropriate length of time and at the appropriate temperature to kill pathogens.
- Store food at the proper temperature.
- Do use safe water and safe raw materials.