Ethos, Logos, Pathos

Diving deeper into what it means to write

Author Biography: Laura Apperson

March10

I was born on July 30, 1992, in Selmer, TN. I was raised, from age six, in Atlanta, Ga., where I spent free time reading, playing soccer, playing her flute, and spending time with friends and family. From elementary school, I devoured novels every chance she had, and in high school I joined the newspaper and took upper-level English classes. When peer-editing exercises revealed a love for editing and revising, I discovered that writing was something I was not only good at but also deeply loved.

At university, I chose an English major with a concentration in Advanced Composition and Rhetoric. I started working for Georgia State’s independent newspaper, The Signal, my first semester at university, and moved from staff writer to copy editor to senior editor in my four years at the organization. I continued playing her flute by joining the University Wind Orchestra, and eventually played for many semesters in the top music ensemble at Georgia State, the Symphonic Wind Ensemble. My love for language extends to more than just English, and I spent a semester abroad in Paris, France in a mission to obtain fluency in French and to travel Europe (and I succeeded!). In my free time, I love watching old French movies, spending time with my dog, and reading young adult novels.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: