TEDxGeorgiaStateU

Last week I had the honor of speaking as a speaker at the TEDxGeorgiaStateU. It was a wonderful event, where I got to meet some really cool people who had amazing things to talk about. The talks varied from environmental problems in west Atlanta to denial of racism to how we interpret lyrics of singer-songwriters to how we are hurting more than helping in nonprofits, and much more. It was an amazing night to be a part of. I have to admit I was VERY nervous about my talk. Even though it was about 3D Atlanta, and I knew enough about the project to talk for a day, I felt nervous to speak in front of 100 people. I didn’t know what kind of a crowd to expect. I felt a bit bad because I was rehearsing my talk in my head when a friend of mine went to give his talk. But then, when I was introduced, I just went up there, and pretending like I was talking to a group of friends. Went through my talk, and before I knew it, it was over. The crowd applauded, and everyone took out their phones to take a picture of the 3D Atlanta website link. It was a proud moment for me to represent the SIF program and the 3D Atlanta team at this event. For now, I will post the slides I used for my talk,  but stay tuned for the full TEDxGeorgiaStateU video coming soon.

Til Next Time,

Krisna

About Krisna Patel

Hey everyone. The name's Krisna and most describe me as a bubbly, outgoing, fun-loving gal. I'm a British-born Indian who is a senior undergraduate majoring in Marketing and Computer Information Systems at Georgia State University with dreams of traveling the world and helping build homes with charities, such as Habitat for Humanity. I want to have a career in social media marketing, and perhaps dip my feet into application programming. During my spare time, I like to watch soccer, write music, and binge watch a good TV show. I hope to learn more of how technology is advancing and more ways of how it can help us on a daily basis, especially at GSU. Other aspirations include adding to my list of foreign languages. I speak fluent in Spanish, Gujarati, and Hindi, but would like to learn Portuguese, Arabic, and Swahili.