GSU Technology Spaces

Georgia State University is one of those schools that has a wide range of majors and due to this, there are many facilities on campus for this. One problem with this is that not many students or faculty are aware of all the spaces especially technology spaces that are available to them. I’ll even admit that it wasn’t until I became a SIF, did I know about the CURVE or the Exchange. I knew about the Digital Aquarium, but only because I needed to rent an iPad for the semester for my Honors Mapping Seminar. Had it not been because of class, I wouldn’t have even known about the Digital Aquarium. This is problematic as these spaces may not be used to its full ability because not too many people know about them. There are a handful more spaces like these, but it could take me a while to go through them all. So how can more people know about these spaces? Making videos of them, adding them to a map, having a space on the school website for the whereabouts and information on these spaces? This is where the SIF Outreach Project comes in. We are trying to build the bridge between these spaces and the GSU students and faculty. Our current project is working on promoting the CURVE. Follow up on my next posts for more information.

Til next time,

Krisna

About Krisna Patel

Hey everyone. The name's Krisna and most describe me as a bubbly, outgoing, fun-loving gal. I'm a British-born Indian who is a senior undergraduate majoring in Marketing and Computer Information Systems at Georgia State University with dreams of traveling the world and helping build homes with charities, such as Habitat for Humanity. I want to have a career in social media marketing, and perhaps dip my feet into application programming. During my spare time, I like to watch soccer, write music, and binge watch a good TV show. I hope to learn more of how technology is advancing and more ways of how it can help us on a daily basis, especially at GSU. Other aspirations include adding to my list of foreign languages. I speak fluent in Spanish, Gujarati, and Hindi, but would like to learn Portuguese, Arabic, and Swahili.