SIF Outreach Project

After meeting with my group this past Thursday, we came up with some ideas to help more students and faculty become more aware of the different kinds of technology platforms available to them here at GSU. One idea was creating an app or adding to the current GSU app for that matter, in which we can have plot point of the different technology locations available to us on campus. When the plot point is clicked, it would show the location, address, pictures of the space, a telephone number to contact the space and person in charge, and possibly a short video showing the usage of the space as a whole. As today’s world is swallowed into technology, having this app will be quite helpful especially on the go. Mentioned above was the idea of having videos of each space and we discussed the time frame per video and where it can be shown, in places like the Recreation center or Langdale, basically any place on campus with a TV. Also, we can put up flyer in individual classrooms, the library, the Recreation Center, Student Center, and other heavy populated places on campus to direct the students and faculty to the specific platforms to be able to watch these promotional videos for these places. The SIF Outreach Project is looking to aim to target one space at a time and the first one on our list is the Digital Aquarium in the Student Center, so we shall see how things go!

Til next time,

Krisna

About Krisna Patel

Hey everyone. The name's Krisna and most describe me as a bubbly, outgoing, fun-loving gal. I'm a British-born Indian who is a senior undergraduate majoring in Marketing and Computer Information Systems at Georgia State University with dreams of traveling the world and helping build homes with charities, such as Habitat for Humanity. I want to have a career in social media marketing, and perhaps dip my feet into application programming. During my spare time, I like to watch soccer, write music, and binge watch a good TV show. I hope to learn more of how technology is advancing and more ways of how it can help us on a daily basis, especially at GSU. Other aspirations include adding to my list of foreign languages. I speak fluent in Spanish, Gujarati, and Hindi, but would like to learn Portuguese, Arabic, and Swahili.