Project II: Creepy Crawly​

During the Creepy Crawly project, I gained valuable insights into the transformation of lines into three-dimensional forms. Engaging in the process of sketching and conducting independent research on three selected insects was particularly rewarding. By meticulously depicting each part of these insects, including their wings, pinchers, antennae, and thorax, I delved deeper into understanding the intricacies that distinguish one insect from another. This immersive exploration not only expanded my creative horizons but also encouraged me to contemplate how I could synthesize different elements from each insect to create an imaginative composite creature.​

When it came time to craft the final creepy crawly, I commenced by sketching a representation of what the “real-life” bug would resemble. This preliminary step proved instrumental in providing a clear blueprint for designing the body, head, and wings using wire. By visualizing the desired outcome beforehand, I was able to approach the fabrication process with greater precision and efficiency.

Written by: