Local and State Elections Ballot Write-Up

For the general election ballot on November 8th for my hometown address in Kennesaw, I learned that the candidates for Senate in Georgia are Republican Johnny Isakson, who is an incumbent, Democrat Jim Barksdale, and Libertarian Allen Bucksley. Specifically for my district, district 11, the candidates for House include Democrat Don Wilson and Republican Barry Loudermilk, who is also an incumbent. Interestingly, I’ve met Loudermilk’s staff for a school project, and I can’t say I’m a fan of his fundamentals whatsoever whereas Don Wilson is the only democratic candidate to file in district 11 which is very exciting! Furthermore, Candidates for the Georgia Public Commission consist of Republican Tim Echols and Libertarian Eric Hoskins. Notably, at this point in the ballot, there appears to be more libertarians than democrats. For Georgia State Senate in each district 36 and 37, only one candidate is running. For district 36, it’s Republican incumbent Lindsey Tippins while district 37 it’s Republican incumbent Earl Ehrhart. Additionally, for Cobb County School district, the county that I attended school in, many candidates are running for different positions. Every individuals is anĀ incumbent and they all have no other candidates running for their specific positions, therefore they are bound to keep their incumbency and win the election. At the end of the ballot, four measures exist that ask voters if they support (yes) or oppose (no) of potential legislation that could be enacted in Georgia law. For example, one proposal is the Georgia Authorization of the State Government To Intervene in Failing Schools, where the amendment states that the Opportunity School district, formed by the state, can intervene when a public school is chronically failing. Overall, examining this ballot was really helpful so I don’t go into the November 8th General Election blindly. Now, I have some information regarding the running candidates that could ultimately alter the future of Georgia which would in turn, alter the future of me.

0 comments