GSU Multicultural Center Announcement: C Squared
Applications Open for Community Conversations Mentoring Program
The Multicultural Center is inviting student applications for a program focused on building knowledge of social justice, identity, and affinity groups on campus.
Community Conversations (C Squared) are an opportunity for students to connect with each other, meet university faculty and staff, discuss topics, share ideas and build a culture of care at Georgia State University. This will also be a space for students to discuss strategies for success and ways to impact their cultural community at Georgia State University. This program was formerly known as Community Hours. The program is a semester-long commitment to taking part in a shared experience of Community Conversations (C Squared).
Examples of weekly topics include: Multiracial/Multiethnic Identity, International/Third Culture Identity, Hispanic/Latin@/Latinx Identity, and more!
Students who are a part of the Spring 2017 C Squared group will:
- Have the opportunity to connect with a faculty/staff mentor to build a relationship that will foster support and success throughout their undergraduate years.
- Be able to articulate how their (and others’) social identities impact their campus experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a shared understanding of social justice.
- Meet weekly on Tuesdays from 12-1p.m. in the Multicultural Center
- Be asked to attend one Spring 2017 Multicultural Center Welcome Reception (January 12, 11-1 p.m. or 4-6 p.m.)
- Be invited to the end of semester C2 reception (April 20, 5-6p.m.)
To apply to be a part of the C Squared Spring 2017 cohort, fill out this application by January 3, 2017.
The program will also incorporate a faculty/staff mentorship component, in which students in the program will be matched with a faculty/staff mentor to help them along their C Squared journey. The program will incorporate a structured 10 week C Squared mentorship experience, along with weekly C Squared events for participants.
If you have any questions, please contact Christina Wan at email@example.com.