October 3

The MAC Lab

mac

The space I chose to observe was The MAC lab. Looking around, you could see the gray MAC computers with the black apple symbol. You could see what looked to be a black television, that hung in the center of the room with a gray CD player. You could also see the paintings that hung on the wall outside the MAC Lab. You can also see the people that occupy the space. One woman with a red curly afro sits in the black swivel chair and types very fastly. A black bag occupying the seat next to her. Looking through the big, clear window, you can see a woman sitting in a green chair. She is light-skinned, with black hair and is wearing a peachy color tank top. She doesn’t have a computer or anything but she can see that she is very focused on whatever is in her lap. Across from her is a man with light gray hair who is typing very fast on the keyboard. He keeps his head down most of the time and doesn’t look up until he skims his eyes over the screen.

Next to me in The Mac Lab is a girl with a brown complexion, and black and brown twists in her hair. I politely ask her can I interview her and she says yes. In the interview, she tells me that she enjoys coming to The Mac Lab. The space is always quiet and that is essential to her because she has to do her homework. She also says that she likes The Mac Lab because of its creativity. It isn’t just a traditional work space with hard chairs and computers. The Mac Lab has swivel chairs and MAC computers with huge screens.

Each object present in the space serves a specific purpose. The MAC computers are for the people to use. They can use these computers to complete work, communicate with others, and etc. The black swivel chairs are used for sitting and for storing your personal things. The black television is used to show your ideas, hence the gray dvd player sitting under the screen on the brown table. Overall, all the objects tell why people choose to occupy this space. Based on my interviewee’s opinion, people choose to occupy this space because of its uniqueness.

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Posted October 3, 2016 by aellis35 in category 9-29 Assignment