September 29

The Rec…

gsu1

As I walked through the glass doors of Georgia State’s recreation center for students attending Georgia State, I happened to forget my basketball shoes back at my dorm. Leaving my basketball shoes in my dorm forced me to not be able to play basketball, so I decided to take a seat in the only comfortable chair left remaining in the lobby. Having nothing to do at the moment, I start noticing that the recreation center is gigantic and is filled with a vast pace of people walking in and out. I see big brown desks with computers on them for the workers to use throughout the day. Marble floors shine as I decide to get up and make my way to the high tech steel turnstiles which can only be opened if you have a panther card.

Sliding my blue panther card through the card scanner, the turnstiles open up and I am able to walk through. The turnstiles only open up if you have access to a Georgia State Panther card. Before walking through, I ask one of the attendants what’s on each floor. Her long brown hair swaying left to right, she tells me that we are currently on the second floor. The second floor consists of the game room and the smaller fitness room. The first floor has a larger gym where you can play racket ball in a concealed area with three walls. You can also get your heavy lifting in, with things such as bench press, squats, curls, and dumbbells. The third floor contains the well-structured basketball courts with the Georgia State logo placed firmly on the middle of the floor, and dance studios.  The fourth floor barely gets much attention, but is surrounded by a nice size track, and a volleyball court for intramural volleyball/other sports. As I walk through I noticed the two elevators to the left of me, and the stairs straight ahead. Being lazy, the elevator was the best thing to get me around at the moment. Currently still by the main lobby, which is the second floor, I take a look around before entering the elevator. A sign appears with the words game room labeled on it, in a funky font. You’re filled with exciting things to play such as, ping poll, a normal size pool table, a foosball table, etc. when you walk into the game room. Across from the game room, the first fitness center appears. A weird smelling aroma of the fitness room hits me as I walk into the fitness room.

The fitness room is occupied by a lot of people that come in different shapes, and sizes to use the nice equipment provided by Georgia State.  Looking around, people are using the treadmills properly and treating the equipment with care. Caught in the moment I recognize how some people wipe off their equipment with alcohol/Lysol after using that specific equipment. People living in this space love the workout and stay healthy.

As I take my final steps throughout the fitness center, I notice a short brown hair girl running on the treadmill. You can tell by the sweat drenching down her face that she came to the gym to put that extra work in. Throughout the day people go in and out of the recreation center building, either to work out in the gym, find fun activities, or even play basketball.

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Posted September 29, 2016 by xkind1 in category 9-27 Assignment