September 24

“The Occupants”

Peaceful EnvironmentGSU Library

Heading toward the colossal building, I pulled out my ID, letting the security guard see that I am a student here. Going through the sliding doors, I kept my ID at hand because I will need it to actually go in. Sliding my ID through the machinery, I turn to my left, heading to the elevator. While waiting, I can smell the clean and healthy environment around me. To my left, a student stood next to me on his phone, while the person on the right was listening to music, carrying 2 textbooks at hand. This is it, the environment that I enjoy. Smiling to myself, I walked into the elevator and clicked 3. The third floor is the best, merging with both library north and library south, with an amazing view in the middle. I walked into the middle and found “my seat,” one of the four teal couches that sets in the middle of the hallway. Placing my bookbag on the outer seat and sitting down in the most inner seat, I took out my borrowed laptop and start on my homework. I find the peace and quiet extremely enjoyable just like my neighboring occupant. This space contains people just like me, students on their laptop writing four, five or even ten page essays, students studying and reviewing for their class quizzes and/or exams, and students that tutors classmates who are struggling in the studies. The library holds a special place in my heart and I can assume my occupants feel the same. This is because the library contains many informative resources to students alike, things such as; books for each major, rental laptops, and desktop computers. Occupants here seems to value their education dearly because they would make time to go to the library to study. They are also very determine to get their work done. For instance, instead of studying at the dorm or home, they come to the library because there could be distractions at their dorm or home. The library influence people in that it makes them more aware that they have a place to study and even a place to just relax from a stressful day. This space can control the way they interact with the environment in that it teaches people to be in their best behavior and be respectful to others. Overall, the library is one of the best place to not only study but to relax and getting to know its occupants.

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Posted September 24, 2016 by tnguyen361 in category 9-22 Assignment

2 thoughts on ““The Occupants”

1. dchung12

Excellent job explaining the occupants in the space. Not only was I able to get a visual on you in the space but I always was able to see the occupants and their purpose within the space.

Reply
  2. eendashaw1

The detail in this blog post is insane. You really put me inside of the library. I don’t go often because I prefer to work in my room but you excellently demonstrated why you like it and why you think others feel the same way. I can relate to a little of what you said because I will go to the library if there is a source I cannot acquire on my laptop. The difference between us is that you enjoy going to the library where as I see it as a last measure or a place to go only when I’m in need of something. Overall, great post!

Reply