September 22

My Space

As you turn the doorknob, you will hear the jingle of the blue bells that I had attached.

The moment you walk in, you can feel the warmth of the sun lighting up the room and catch the faint whiff of perfume that smells of daisies.

Gaze your attention to where the rays are shining. Oh, how peaceful it looks.

They tell me it’s cursed. Once you lay on it, you wake up centuries later without a moment’s notice. But how can you resist? You won’t be able to stop yourself from going under the covers of the fresh, pink, fluffy blankets or be able to keep your arms and legs from wrapping around the cool, long, memory foam body pillow.

“Your room is so cozy”, they’d always tell me while they sneak into my bed and wrap themselves in my blankets and burrow into the heap of pillows.

“Eunice, can you sleep in my room tonight?” I’d let them so that they may be able to experience that dreamy moment when they wake up to the sun hugging their legs while the songs of the bird’s melody act as an alarm.

“Scooch over, Eunice,” they say as they attempt to make room for themselves in my one person seat. It’s irresistible to ignore what I’m doing: I’m snuggled in my chair with my legs and feet pressed to my chest, holding a cup of tea to my lips as I watch my favorite TV shows.

It is not a utopia, it is simply my room.

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Posted September 22, 2016 by epark33 in category 9-20 Assignment

1 thoughts on “My Space

1. oabdulrahman1

The writer who is describing her room thinks that even though it’s not perfect, it’s still very comfortable. She mentions how peaceful it is, and talks about how she gets woken up peacefully by birds etc. Also she mentions how even though it’s not Utopia, it’s still her room. The writer mainly focuses on the comfortableness of her bed and sheets. I think the state of comfortableness in her room, and how to make it as comfortable as she can. I think overall she used good description when describing her room. I could feel the warmth of her sheets, and I could feel the waking up in the morning refreshed. And overall she did a good job.

Reply