September 22

My Happy Place

I reach in and twist the nob until it catches. The water cuts on, barely grazing my arm. I turn on my toes against the cold tiles to reach my phone. With one click the screen lights up and I find my favorite playlist. A familiar beep projects from my Bluetooth speaker and I’m Yours begins to play. A little hum comes from the back of my throat as I unwrap myself from the towel. I drop the towel onto its hook as I glide past the curtain. The music becomes background noise as I sink into my element. I adjust the temperature until it is perfect. Eyes closed, I stand under the running water, head back and arms crossed in an X across my chest. I feel the smooth stream run off my eyelashes and over my lips. The white walls hold the suds as the peppermint soap grows. I take a long moment to stand under the faucet to rinse my skin clean. The soapy water flows in a circle around my feet and plunges down the drain. The nob sparkles as I turn it the other way. My towel is waiting. It hugs me tight as I step onto the soft mat. My day continues peacefully.

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.

Posted September 22, 2016 by nreed11 in category 9-20 Assignment

1 thoughts on “My Happy Place

1. lnazemzadeh1

You use a lot of descriptive language, but not much rhetoric. We can put ourselves in your situation, but we cannot tell why it matters or why it is important to you.

Reply