Musical Pub Crawl

Anytime I visit a new city, a new place, I try and immerse myself into the culture as best I can – read (or at least purchase) local authors’ books, eat the local food, and listen to local music. While I loved the Literary Pub Crawl, I think tonight’s Musical Pub Crawl won me over. As a singer/musician, music holds a special place in my heart, and hearing and seeing the passion these two gentlemen had tonight for their music was perfect. You could tell they love what they do and love getting their passion out to as many people as possible.

One of my favorite parts about Irish music is how quickly it can worm its way into your heart. It’s nearly impossible to passively listen to it – you either tap your foot, clap your hands, sing along, dance, or think about your own memories in relation to the lyrics. I think in that way, its incredible the power Irish music has in transporting you to different memories and places. I know when I listen to any of the songs they played this evening, I’ll remember how wonderful they were and how much fun this pub crawl was, but also what the music made me feel and what it made me think of. Irish music is so full of passion and drive that it’s impossible to forget.

One thought on “Musical Pub Crawl

1. This is really interesting (and I agree wholeheartedly about the effects of music generally and Irish music in particular)–but I’d love to hear what you think about how music might relate to place. . . .