Exploring The Huge Lane Gallery

As I slowly walked though the Huge Lane Gallery, I stopped at this particular painting because my favorite color is purple, well all shades of purple to be exact. Naturally it grabbed my attention because of how perfectly blended each shade is. I really liked how the different shades resembled the sun setting after a long day. After admiring the usage of color, I then realized that this painting is of the country side here in Ireland. It seemed gloomy, but peaceful at the same time. Almost like the feeling of coming home after an extremely difficult day at work, but relaxed because you are indeed home, away from the hustle and bustle that usually follows a busy work schedule.

The landscape, in my opinion, was portrayed beautifully. The darkness of the trees that linger near the cottage house. It’s neighbors peaking out in the distance, and the single power line, which is even more distant than the neighboring cottages, allowed me to picture life in Ireland outside of Dublin. This painting immediately drew connections in my mind between Ireland, and Georgia. Just like Dublin, Atlanta is a roaring city that never seems to sleep. But venture further out of city limits, you come across quite “neighborhoods” like the one depicted in the painting. Just a couple of homes here and there, surrounded by trees and lonely power lines. This place above reminded me of my very own place- my home state Georgia. Sometimes I tend to forget that there is life outside of sleepless cities like Atlanta and Dublin and this oil painting was the perfect example.

This entry was posted in Chelsea by Chelsea. Bookmark the permalink.

About Chelsea

As a junior at Georgia State University, Chelsea is exploring the world as a new journalist. When she is not buried in books and schoolwork, she's working at Hello Gorgeous Boutique and Cafe- Chamblee's local oasis! She enjoys challenging the norm, and venturing outside of her average day-to-day routine. When she's not on campus, or at work you can find her slipping on a delicious macchiato!