Museums And Heavy Showers

My favorite place today was the National Archeology Museum. Oddly enough, museums aren’t my cup of tea simply because of the visual overload- there is just too much to look at but not enough time. This one was different, I immediately became interested and curiosity led me to read close to every single fact posted next to the item being displayed which in turn caused me to be the last group member to leave the museum (oops). I felt as if I belonged there, I didn’t feel awkward or out of place among the other visitors which really appealed to me.

This place today stood out to me because unlike what I have experienced with other museums, I was actually drawn in, and eager to venture to the next rooms to see what other surprises waited there for me. Even though there where many other people visiting, it felt very intimate to me and I really liked that. I was able to go at my own pace, and view what I found interesting rather than being dragged around by a group- like how high school field trips felt.

Also, today I truly got a taste of the real Dublin- getting soaked in random heavy down pours. Even though I was completely unprepared for the rain, I still found myself smiling and laughing along with our group. Just as quickly as the mini hurricane started, it had ended, leaving us all cold, wet, and grinning ear to ear as we waited for the UCD bus which seemed to take an eternity to arrive.

This entry was posted in Chelsea by Chelsea. Bookmark the permalink.

About Chelsea

As a junior at Georgia State University, Chelsea is exploring the world as a new journalist. When she is not buried in books and schoolwork, she's working at Hello Gorgeous Boutique and Cafe- Chamblee's local oasis! She enjoys challenging the norm, and venturing outside of her average day-to-day routine. When she's not on campus, or at work you can find her slipping on a delicious macchiato!

One thought on “Museums And Heavy Showers

1. I love your statement that “I felt as if I belonged there, I didn’t feel awkward or out of place among the other visitors which really appealed to me.”

It’d be interesting to figure out WHY it felt like you belonged (or why other museums make you feel like you don’t . . . )