Dahlberg Hall, Georgia State University

This is the front courtyard of Dahlberg Hall on campus. Specifically this is the front of the hall during the Summer Leadership Institute put on by the GSU School of Music. This place is special to me because I am in the GSU panther band, and more specifically I am in leadership as a section leader. The Summer Leadership Institute is something that we put on for high school band students who are in leadership at their own bands. It’s a place where kids grow in their leadership and teaching capabilities. As leadership in the school of music I am a staff member in this event. I lead kids in discussions about things their bands do, and ways they could be better at teaching. This is important to me because leadership abilities and teaching is something I love. Teaching other kids and talking to them about something I am also passionate about brings me an unfathomable amount of joy. In this particular picture this is the very first day of camp, where we all are together and take a group photo in the courtyard of Dahlberg. This is one of my favorite parts of the camp because it shows how much these kids have grown into leaders. It shows by the way they talk to you, talk to the other staff, and the way they handle trying to get all 500 kids in the camp to try to take one picture together. Dahlberg Hall is my fondest memory of the Summer Leadership Institute because of its ability to bring everyone together and to have them shine.