My Personal Oasis

“Home is where the heart is”, is a saying often times found on cheesy, cliche kitchen art decor. On the other hand, my home is where not only where my heart is and where I live, but also where my mother, brother and sweet pup Romeo reside. As a student that has always commuted to campus, I spend a lot of time here. I eat most of my meals at home with my family, and where I crawl into bed at night. I even have the luxury to have heated floors in the bathroom to warm my toes after a  nice, and very much needed shower.

It is important to me because I know that there will always be someone there excited to see me. I am thankful to have food on the table, a roof over my head and knowing that my mom will wash my clothes even if I don’t ask her too. I even have somewhat of a quiet place to do homework considering my brother is 18-years-old and can be the noisiest person ever. On the weekends, I get to go out to our beautiful back yard and throw tennis balls to the sweetest dog, our Romeo. Nothing is more amusing than watching him attempted to squeeze two tennis balls in his mouth. He even likes to speed run around the perimeter of the yard like he is chasing an invisible cat. Home is important to me because at the end of the day, it’s the one place that is always there for me. It is the one place that is open to not just me, but to all of my friends. Home is definitely where my heart is even if it’s not hanging on the kitchen walls.

This entry was posted in Chelsea by Chelsea. Bookmark the permalink.

About Chelsea

As a junior at Georgia State University, Chelsea is exploring the world as a new journalist. When she is not buried in books and schoolwork, she's working at Hello Gorgeous Boutique and Cafe- Chamblee's local oasis! She enjoys challenging the norm, and venturing outside of her average day-to-day routine. When she's not on campus, or at work you can find her slipping on a delicious macchiato!