I did something new :)

I had the opportunity to facilitate a condom demonstration with two other graduate assistance in the office (Tiearra and Barbara) for the 5th Annual Smashing Event. This event hosted a collaboration of organizations such as Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Zeta Theta Ques, Dean of Students Office and of course, Student Health Promotion that was there on the behalf of Counseling and Testing Center and the Health Clinic. Our specific goal was to promote the services and resources of the integrated health system and provide students with sexual health-related information so they can make better-informed choices.

I was very excited to co-present at this event because it was my experience of giving a condom demonstration presentation. My role at this event was to run the “condom game”. What is the condom game? It is when six volunteers from the audience pair into two’s, one person is holding the model and the other is spun around and has to run and put the condom on the model the fastest. Although I was grateful to have a part in the presentation, this event was more significant because I was able to learn and gain knowledge from Tierra on how to interact with students and perform the condom demonstration.

4 thoughts on “I did something new :)

1. Kazendi Kobe Simon

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Keep up the good work, these students today really need events like this to teach about STDs, and more importantly consent.

Reply