BIG FUN at Mobile Clinics

If you couldn’t already tell by my title, I am super excited to talk about the mobile clinics here at Georgia State University. Before I get ahead of myself, I have been a Graduate Assistant for about three weeks now and it has been such a pleasure to be apart of Student Health Promotion! I was not aware of all the resources and services while I was an undergraduate so let me just tell you, I have a lot to talk about!

So far, I have been able to work two mobile clinics! I was able to attend Decatur and Alpharetta’s Campuses to promote Student Health Promotion that provided FREE STD/ HIV testing. Although, the big bus that says “Healthy State” brings a lot of attention, SHP Health educators (myself included) promoted the services of the Counseling and Testing Center, Student Victim Assistance, the Student Health Clinic, and of course the STD/ HIV testing. Additionally, we educated students on condom usage with a lovely demonstration for external/ internal condoms and passed out dozen of safer sex supplies.

At the mobile clinics, I love interacting with the students and creating relationships with them, even if it is for a 2-minute conversation! So many of them were unaware of the services they have provided to them at their fingertips so it was so exciting to be an informative resource for them! As I continue as a Graduate Assistant, I am very excited to continue out the work of the Student Health Promotion Program!

Make sure to check out my next blog post, I will discuss my experience of the gentle yoga session with our wonderful representative Linnie!

5 thoughts on “BIG FUN at Mobile Clinics

1. Tiearra Starr

You’ve been doing a GREAT job at the Mobile Clinics with your willingness to adapt and ability to learn so quickly. So happy that you’ve been enjoying the Mobile Clinic experience!

Reply
  2. Tammy

Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your mobile clinic experience – lots of opportunities to do more! Glad to hear you are learning more about the resources – it is critical for all of us to be aware of the resources to share with students bc we often only get the 30 seconds!

Reply
  3. Camila Pham

Hi Crystal,

Great reflection! I am glad you had a great experience at the Mobile Clinic and that you were able to connect with your student peers and educate them on our services. You did a great job working with everyone to make the events successful and I am looking forward to continue to work with you.

Reply
  4. Kazendi Kobe Simon

Keep up the great work at the mobile clinic, you have no idea how big of impact your making on the students who can’t drive to the Atlanta Campus

Reply