Innovative Instructor Series

a picture of the exchange

The Exchange, as it existed long, long ago

Once upon a time, there was a place called the Exchange. It was in what most people thought was the basement of Library South. I wouldn’t blame anyone for thinking that – even I blame the basement-ness for the Vitamin D deficiency that I suffered last year. Everyone called me Rickets for a while. Anyway, despite the dungeon feel of the physical space, the Exchange was where faculty could get help with just about anything, and (we hope) people felt like they were a part of a community of learners, all excited about the convergence of technologies that surround learning. As such, the Exchange was actually a pretty exciting place for a college campus.

The people of the Exchange still exist, and the ethos of the space is what guides the CII even still as we continue our consolidation with Perimeter College. We are a space and a group that celebrate the possible, and when we find people that are similarly-minded, we like to introduce them to others, we like them to exchange their ideas with each other (hence the former name). This semester we are stepping this celebration up a bit, as we reopen our space in Library South this spring.

rendering of new CII entrance on Decatur StreetWe would like to cordially invite you to join us in discussion with the instructors that we think are changing the face of Georgia State University across all of its campuses. We’re calling this our Innovative Instructor Series. Basically, each week, starting next week, we’ll bring in an instructor (or panel of instructors), to talk about how they are building out innovative learning opportunities for their students. The first few weeks we’ll be hosting these talking in Classroom South 401, but as soon as we are physically allowed in the new space, we’ll start hosting these talks in our space on the ground floor of Library South. With new windows, a direct entrance to Decatur Street, and an open airy arrangement, we are no longer the basement, and with an innovative classroom space as one of the hallmark features of the center, you will not only get a great discussion in a space built just for GSU instructors, you’ll also get a preview of all of the services available to you in the CII.

We’re excited!

We do hope that you will join us this semester as we celebrate those that we respect, and as we celebrate a space that is devoted to helping instructors help students. It’s just the beginning, but we look forward to the future we can all create here at GSU as we come together to exchange ideas, skills, and our shared passion for learning.

For a full list of speakers, including a link to register, please click here. And we hope that you share this invitation with all of your colleagues. Thank you.

Posted in At The CII, Workshops
22 comments on “Innovative Instructor Series
  1. Bayu ramdan says:

true knowledge and very clear explanation, thanks

2. Michael Taylor says:

Wao innovative instructor series is really an amazing title and I really got enough useful content from this post to utilize for my https://do-my-assignment.com/do-my-dissertation-australia/ assignment paperwork. I am sure my instructor would admire this effort.

3. Samantha says:

First of all check this article https://bit.ly/37FKH9m

4. saharajenifer says:

The information is good, i need more, i’m still learning about it.
    jigsaw puzzle

5. GregoryLee says:

I really like the fact that the modern world follows the path of technology. I see that automating common processes (including educational ones) has many advantages. For ordinary households, I can give an example of a typical house cleaning. How much labor our mothers and wives gave for such a simple job. Everything has become easier now. We began to use pool vacuum in our house a couple of years ago. It made our life easier and safer.

6. farah jones says:

Very good, I think I found the knowledge I needed. I will see and refer some information in your post. thank you 1v1 lol

7. hassan cmt says:

If you are a business owner and looking to provide security to your business, then you need professional commercial locksmith services. Thompson Lock & Key LLC offers the most trusted commercial locksmith services in Washington DC. Our commercial locksmith services include commercial lock installation, commercial lock repair & replacement, lock rekeying services, emergency commercial lockout services, master key services, and more.
    Commercial Locksmith Washington DC

8. Stage Lighting Services in Land O’ Lakes Fl. says:

Stage Lighting Services in BROOKSVILLE FL
    This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it’s discussion, thank you.

9. kalvinjohn says:

HOME INSPECTION SERVICES IN LITCHFIELD PARK AZThanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out..

10. khaliffa says:

Windows in Herndon VA
    Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.

11. julie john says:

Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    Delivery Services Fairfax VA

12. Smin734 says:

The jackets that we sell are replicas of the coats worn by top television celebrities because it is a growing trend to copy them when it comes to fashion.Genuine Leather Jacket Mens

13. emma says:

Hello,
    personalized pet ornaments

14. clair filip says:

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    Air Duct Cleaning Annapolis MD

15. clair filip says:

These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    Air Duct Cleaning Annapolis MD

16. clair filip says:

I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.
    Water Damage Restoration Hanover MD

17. Kavin Steve says:

This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
    Door Repair Herndon VA

18. John Micosn says:

I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. Floor Waxing Somerville MA

19. John Micson says:

I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research … It’s a good post .. keep posting and updating information. Commercial Floor Cleaning Brookline MA

20. ben stokes says:

I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.

21. ben stokes says:

Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this.
    Piano Moving Mountain House CA

22. John Micson says:

Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. Odor Removal Services in Chesapeake VA