Who doesn’t love a game about disease?

The spread of disease isn’t just fun for zombie movies anymore, oh weary traveller!

When it seems like the only epidemic we’re seeing on TV is the spread of fear of Ebola, rather than an actual discussion of the disease and its spread, it seems like a great opportunity to turn our attention towards actually understanding disease transmission through the simplification of the process in game form. Enter Vax.

Vax allows users to learn about: network effects; how to effectively use vaccination to break up network effects, even when you have vaccine limits; and lastly how to use a quarantine effectively to limit disease spread. It does all of this with a quick way to share your score on Facebook so that you can be like the creepy general in Outbreak that will go to any lengths to prevent disease spread, or, ya know, you could choose to show how effective vaccination can be without creating a totally Constitution-busting fear-mongering solution that really shows how crazy people can be. No judgement, whatever you want to do, it’s your call. I mean, that’s weird and everything if you go the insane route, so perhaps you should hug someone first and then play. Just sayin’.

Moving along, if you worry about how the current events can be brought to bear in your classroom in a way that informs debate instead of charging it, give Vax a try for your students. The worst that can come of it is that you waste half of your morning trying to beat the scores of your coworkers.

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Cool Tools, The Exchange
24 comments on “Who doesn’t love a game about disease?
  1. Berit says:

Wao so its mean you also like games lke me.Let me get rid of coursework writng service online in AU then I shall be back to you so keep sharing more.

2. Clement Gregory says:

Watch free high-quality movies on oreo tv apk app that offers the latest free TVs of 2021.

3. James Cooper says:

Shanghai Kacooler Auto Parts is one of the best Yacht fridge freezer supplier and manufacturer. We sell the whole quantity of vehicle fridge freezer that are built with the high quality of materials.

4. Faridabad Satta Result says:

Check out the latest Faridabad Satta Result at our website . Its easy to use fast and reliable you check it out!

5. albert smith says:

Very interesting post and amazingly define. Thanks for share it.

peptide powder suppliers

6. Hegmann says:

Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.

https://www.mybpcreditcard.review/

7. Samuel Miller says:

I didn’t love a game about disease even-though I don;t love game all I love is reading, therefore I buy dissertation online UK, whenever I have to read books.

8. catherinewillson says:

This pandemic has already afraid people and I guess playing such sort of game is the reason for the unhealthy mind if you want a healthy mind I prefer to walk in the garden and read books while focusing on studies and making ppt assignment better.

9. Beasley says:

mybpcreditcard

10. thomas says:

If you want to play a game and you don’t have time for extra activity then you can approach the best writing company.

11. dolly says:

I havent any word to appreciate this post…..Really i am impressed from this post….the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    Commercial Locksmith Oxon Hill MD

12. arnold marrison says:

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    Residential Locksmith Forestville MD

13. jackleo says:

This content is great to know something about new tings. And it is good for all. I also have microsoft surface pro repair dubai, So if anyone interested just touch with us.

14. Ross says:

Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    Moving Fairfax VA

15. Rosie says:

Office Moving Services in Fairfax VA

16. Kalvin John Rossie says:

I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    Auto Transport Fairfax VA

17. clair filip says:

Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    Dirt Cleaning Elkridge MD

18. ben stokes says:

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks
    Large Items Moving CUPERTINO CA

19. John Micson says:

Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. Germs Removal Brookline MA

20. ben stokes says:

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Packing Services San Francisco CA

21. John Micson says:

This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Floor Cleaning Quincy MA

22. Herry Grant says:

oh yeah, you’re damn right. but I still give preference to the site https://betsofa.com/, because of all the online bookmakers on the market, it satisfies my requests 100 percent.

23. jordan says:

Really it is very helping for me and i am waiting for some more posts from you.
    cucotv

24. John Micson says:

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Steam Cleaning Home Service in Norfolk VA