Google Search Tips and Tricks – Mad Skills in the Age of Information

In the digital age, one of the most important skills is having the ability to find just the right information at the instant you need it.  The problem is that when everyone is a knowledge producer and places their content online, there is simply an overabundance of information to sift through.  So how can you quickly find what you need?  What would be great would be a tool that would search through all of that information based on criteria that we specify.

Google

Raise your hand if you’ve heard of Google.  I hope everyone is raising their hand right now.  If not, let me Google that for you.  Google is the perfect, but not only, tool for finding information on the Internet.  It is clearly the biggest player in the search engine game, so like it or not, becoming an expert at crafting Google search terms is super useful.

We recently worked with some faculty members who took on the challenge of supporting their students as they become expert Googlers.  In their field, it is critical that students be able to find information to guide their decision-making.  These professors are planning to very actively cultivate the skill of Google searching among their students.

To support their efforts, we created a couple of Google search tips and tricks handouts, and we’d like to share them just in case they may be useful to you and your students.  Click on the links or thumbnails below to download and use these Google search job aids. Enjoy!

Google Search Tricks Google Search Tips

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in #trending, The Exchange
9 comments on “Google Search Tips and Tricks – Mad Skills in the Age of Information
  1. Already Written Essay says:

Our research paper service writers have been 14 years experience in the field where they have assisted thousands of returning clients in attaining high scores.
    https://researchpapers247.com/

2. liyexoy says:

We curate News from International level to Indian over categories like Technology, election result
    Entertainment, Education, Business and more

3. Esmeralda McCullough says:

Finding the right and accurate information while exploring Google at the right that moment when it is needed is a quite difficult task. Finding the best set of information from this overabundance is a real tough job. I am pretty happy with Spotify Free Service that gives me freedom to browse internet securely.

4. Louise Ball says:

Great Content. Really Informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing it. Check out TopBestAlternative

5. Sabeen Rizvi says:

Thanks for your tips and tricks, it is very helpful Sad Poetry in Urdu

6. john micson says:

I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.
    Commercial Locksmith Oxon Hill MD

7. John MIckson says:

Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject.
    Automotive Locksmith Forestville MD

8. Rosie says:

I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.

9. clair filip says:

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    Floor Work Elkridge MD