Code Camp – amCharts challenge – 3/31/2014

Code Camp 2

Hello, Code Campers.  We haven’t blogged about what’s been going on at Code Camp for awhile because, let’s face it, we’ve mostly just been slogging through Code Academy.  This week we tried something new.

Each of us has our own reasons for learning JavaScript.  Some may hope to become truly proficient and build inspiring creations from scratch using JavaScript.  A lot of us simply hope to understand it well enough to manipulate existing JavaScript for our own purposes.  Yesterday we took on the challenge of modifying existing interactive JavaScript charts created by amCharts.  They have a library of charts that are meant to be manipulated and repurposed.

The image below represents the sum total of our efforts yesterday afternoon – a chart that has been modified to display new data and use a newly created Pounce theme.  If you would like to take on the challenge  yourself, download yesterday’s Code Camp challenge directions.

We can’t embed the interactive charts that we created in our blog, but take a look at some of the ones below in another window.  They are great.  Plus, you can click the edit button on each one and modify the chart directly within the browser.

amCharts sample

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Code Camp, The Exchange
7 comments on “Code Camp – amCharts challenge – 3/31/2014
  1. jackmsd says:

or this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its pos https://shareit.onl/ sible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
    with
    regards

2. Kanwal Liaquat says:

I have heard about code camp a lot, especially when I was searching for article research publication help online. I was stuck with my work and got a recommendation about Code Camp that I can get relevant help from there or I can learn about publications and web development. Luckily I found a site.

3. clair filip says:

Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts.
    Pet Odor Removal Centreville VA

4. ben stokes says:

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks
    Packing Services CUPERTINO CA

5. John Micson says:

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Floor Waxing Newton MA

6. long distance Movers transport Brighton MI says:

Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. Residential Movers Dearborn MI

7. John Micson says:

This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. Upholstery Cleaning Service in Chesapeake VA