Interwebs – What Computers Can’t Do

This article from the NYTimes does a great job of reminding people what it is that computers are unable to do, and consequently, what it is that people will do as our technological infrastructure continues to grow. From a pedagogical perspective, the importance of this article is that it reminds us, as educators, to what goal we need to prepare our students. Since computers can crunch information more quickly, is memory as central a function of a person in a technological environment? Since computers can process algorithms more efficiently, is quick computational ability going to be as necessary for that same person? If these things are not central, what is central? Brooks may be correct in some sense and completely missing the mark in other ways. How would you improve his thesis?

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Interwebs, The Exchange
6 comments on “Interwebs – What Computers Can’t Do
  1. Faovali says:

Computers can do just about anything really nowadays, even help people with their personal life. For proof, just navigate to https://seniordatingxp.com/benaughty-review/ and see for yourself how much easier dating is when it can be done online using your computer or phone. It’s really mind-boggling how much single ladies are available on such services.

2. Ultimer says:

Thanks for the sharing. I bought a Macbook recenly and it’s something completely new for me. Does anybody knows why the Windows media files doesn’t work on it?

3. PimClieff says:

You should understand that there are imposed restrictions, and there are forced restrictions due to different language environments, for example. Thus, it would seem impossible to open Windows files on the mac, but I found a way [described here](https://onmac.net/how-to-play-windows-media-files-on-mac/). I advise you to read more about this, you can read the link if you are interested.

4. john micson says:

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    Rekeying Service Forestville MD

5. peter john says:

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Professional local Moving Company Dearborn MI

6. John Micson says:

Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. Airport Shuttle Hillsborough NC