A Note from The Reviews Editor

Y’all, I couldn’t be more excited to share the first issue of Recursive Reviews with you!

I’ve been working in critical/compassionate/digital pedagogy and faculty development for a little while now, and I can’t tell you how many books I see from pedagogues doing AMAZING work and writing about it (and how I sigh, just a little, because I can’t read that book right now and put it on an ever expanding list). 

I started this review in order to hear from you about pedagogy books you want to read and share with us, urgently and insistently. I started Recursive Reviews to create another ways for us to be in conversation about this work. Other reviews can be found in Elon’s Teaching and Learning Blog, Teaching Learning Inquiry, The International Journal for Academic Development, The Journal of Political Science Education, Teachers College Record, Adult Ed Quarterly, Journal of SoTL, and The Journal of Higher Education Policy and Leadership Studies. We’re honored to join these folks in conversation.

In this inaugural issue, you’ll find: 

I am thrilled to have these writers reviewing these books for our first issue, and I hope you are, too. If you want to write reviews for a future issue (or something for the general Recursive mag), please reach out. 

Happy reading!

-Rebecca (Becky) Weaver, Reviews and Interim Managing Editor

Rebecca Weaver Credit: K. Ostrom

Rebecca Weaver is an Assistant Professor at Georgia State University-Perimeter College, where she teaches composition and is the Reviews and Interim Managing Editor for Recursive: SOTL in Progress. She has published articles and essays about teaching in the Just Visiting Blog at Inside Higher Ed, Hybrid Pedagogy, The Chronicle of Higher Education’s ProfHacker blog, The Hope Center Blog, Recursive, TechStyle, and was a plenary speaker at the most recent Minnesota Writing and English Annual Conference. She has reviewed books for three publications and has edited two online publications previous to coming to GSU.

Twitter: @WeaverRew