The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and Perimeter College are seeking FOUR graduate students to provide instructional support for simulcast courses taught at the Alpharetta, Clarkston, Decatur, and Dunwoody campuses of Perimeter College. This position will provide technical and classroom management support for courses that use simulcast delivery technology.
|Position||Graduate Lab Assistant
|Office Hours||Monday – Thursday|
|18 hours per week|
|Salary||Full Tuition Waiver – $4,500 -per semester (Fall and Spring semesters)
Full Tuition Waiver- $2,500 per semester (7-week summer semester)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be enrolled as a Georgia State University graduate student
- Must be approved by the graduate student’s department in order to receive tuition remission
- Must be enrolled for no more than 12 credit hours
- The appointment is on a semester -to-semester basis dependent upon job performance and availability of funding. Reappointment is based on job performance, evaluation and continued enrollment.
- Students must provide documentation of health/medical insurance or purchase the mandatory health insurance through GSU (https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/gsu).
- Students must be able to provide their own reliable transportation to Perimeter College campuses.
- Students must be able to attend a mandatory Simulcast training session on Friday, August 23 from 10a-12:00p
The primary responsibilities of the Graduate Lab Assistant (GLA) include:
- Provide instructional support for simulcast classes in the form of classroom management:
- Open classrooms
- Provide facilitation of teaching and learning activities as directed by instructors
- Serve as a proctor for assessment activities
- Provide feedback to instructors on class sessions
- Provide technology support for simulcast classes
- Assist instructors with classroom technology start-up
- Serve as the first line of technology support
- Communicate issues with classroom technology to the appropriate IT staff in a timely manner.
Applicant Qualification must include the following:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with classroom technology such as projectors and document cameras.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Passion/Patience for learning and teaching applications and techniques
- Classroom teaching experience
- Familiarity with classroom annotation software such as Ink2Go or Smart Notebook
- Familiarity with classroom management/monitoring technologies such as Insights.
- Familiarity with web conferencing technologies such as Webex.
- Familiarity with the Brightspace learning management system
Send resume and campus preference (Alpharetta, Clarkston, Decatur, or Dunwoody) to:
Director, Learning Technology
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning