The mysterious kor-coping and the theme of the moon

Professor, I goof up and submitted the wrong story review for the blog so I am going to blog about Kor tonight since I blogged about Cambolia last time. I had written them out but I accidently copied and pasted the wrong one from my computer

for the mysterious Kor I feel that this story has influenced a lot of popular works and especially young adult novels, because I have read in my own personal lecture time so many books with the concept of a terrible situation (not always war, but some negative force) and the characters making an imaginary world to cope with the horrors they face. I talked about Pan’s Labyrinth in our group meeting, etc. I’m sure that this story is not the first of its kind to have this theme, but it’s definatley the most overt that I have seen before a certain time.

Now, what I found very surreal was the concept of the moon how it took on its own life. The moon is so stereotypical as a force that is pure, lovely, Devine, etc. I have never read a story where the moon was a force to be feared and dreaded/controlling. During the Blitz tour that we took we learned that the enemy planes would boom Britain at night time in the cover of the darkness. However, the full moon and its light was scary because that would mean the enemy would have b.etter sight and a heighten ability to harm more people. That bit of history really brought the story to light for me