Project 1: Lines

Subdivision of a Groundsheet

1/23/23

Medium: Bristol Paper, black paper

In this project, I had to compose lines using black cutouts and a white sheet of Bristol paper. In these, I had to do 4 different compositions. For the first one, I had to maintain only horizontal and vertical lines, and for the second was the opposite of that using only diagonal lines. The third composition was using curved lines and the fourth one was using all the lines in the previous compositions to make something.  

Well the first composition I wanted to do a scenery and the idea I got was having a window looking outside a tree while next to a road. For the diagonal line, I was thinking more of a video game as there are many directions to play with the black cutouts. However, working with curved lines was a difficult one as I had no idea what to do and just placed the cutouts to make something until a mask was placed in the middle of the paper that I was only able to work with and the result was a face. So, for the final piece, the idea I got was to make a house and make a landscape as it was easier for me to use all types of lines in the final paper.  

Written by: