Helpful Mobile Apps for College Students

Taking Spanish? Italian? Any language? Here is Duolingo to the rescue!

Visit https://www.duolingo.com and then download onto your phone to practice your foreign language in playful way. Use the games to practice reading, writing, speaking, and listening. If you do well, earn points. If you don’t, lose lives. Connect with friends on the app and monitor each other’s progress for motivation. It is completely free and a great way to get your practice in when you might be playing Candy Crush instead. It is available for iOS, Windows Phone, and Android. I definitely thought it made my semester of Spanish more enjoyable!

Do you have a long commute and wish you could review that lecture? Voice Record Pro 2.8.5 let’s you do just that.

Voice Record Pro can be used on the iPhone to record class lectures of any length. Do not worry about taking up storage on your mobile device. You can export them easily to services like Dropbox that will let you synchronize the lectures into a folder. You can label each recording, and amend the label. For instance, if I have listened up to the 14:00 minute mark on a lecture and want to pick up where I left off later, I label it “14:00 Computer Skills Lecture CH 1.” In addition to how I use it, the app creators claim you can:
– Convert the records to other formats
– Trim the records
– Duplicate the records
– Append records
– Protect the app with a passcode

This app is free and unlike its competitor SuperNote, you can store unlimited recordings without constantly being prompted to upgrade for a fee. I have never lost a recording with this app!